Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I "improve my wireless network environment" so that my wi-fi printer will connect to my wireless network environment?

Can't get my new printer online. Is the problem in the printer software or my computer? Do I have to have a router with AirPort for the printer to get an IP Address that works? I'm ready to give up and move furniture so I can use the USB cable instead. I'm suspicious of the printer. It's an Epson WF-3530.

The Check Network Connection test printout says PASS on everything and that the network is working correctly. Under that it says "A router/access point channel conflict has been detected. If you have problems printing or scanning, improve your wireless network environment." How do I do that???

Epson says "the wireless network you have is not supported by the printer. The 169 IP address you obtained from the printer is invalid and you may need an actual wireless router to set up the printer.". I did an update, re-install, no fire-wire, new SSID network, and got duplicate results except sometimes the test print skips the "channel conflict" message that includes the advice to improve my network.

Any opinions or advice? Is it time to give up and just use the cable instead? The computer is on cable broadband, if that makes any difference. I don't know anything about computers or wi-fi, so this is a baby talking here. I may not always be using the right words. I have a not-toll-free Epson number to call that the two very nice online techs sent me but I haven't used it yet.

Thanks to anybody for just reading all this.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Posted on May 15, 2014 3:45 PM

1 reply

Mar 14, 2015 2:48 PM in response to stgeo2

I have the same problem with the router channel conflict detected. I found this article helpful. http://www.computerworld.com/article/2476307/mac-os-x/os-x-mavericks--using-appl e-s-hidden-wi-fi-diagnostics-tool.html

I have been able to temporarily fix it by checking my Wi-Fi connection in Settings and reinstalling the Wi-Fi connection from the setup menu on my printer, (Epson WF 7510). But it sometimes disconnects after I shut it down and turn back on later. I haven't come up with a permanent solution that I know will work, but this article shows how do do the diagnostics. I've just started to try to figure it out. It is currently working so the diagnostic tool says everything is okay. The next time I'm unable to print I will run the diagnostics again.

How do I "improve my wireless network environment" so that my wi-fi printer will connect to my wireless network environment?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.