Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to set up Chromecast with Airport Extreme?

Only thing Chromecast tells me to do when connecting to my Airport Extreme is to "Apple Airport Extreme Base Station A1408 7.6.4 No Use Airport Utility to set 'Router Mode' to 'Using DHCP and NAT' and turn 'Connection Sharing' to 'Off (Bridge Mode)," So I changed the Router Mode to what was requested by the Chromecast, but I could not find the "Connection Sharing" option to switch to Bridge Mode. Also forgot to mention that whenever I changed to the DHCP and NAT option it says I have a double NAT thing on my Airport which results in it flashing amber even though the wifi still works. So, in the end my chromecast is still not working with my Airport Extreme because I have to change something in its settings, which I cannot find.

Help me get my Chromecast working, please! Thank you.

OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on May 15, 2014 5:50 PM

2 replies

Jul 9, 2014 7:29 PM in response to vc08

I believe the option for Bridge Mode for the Airport Extreme is located under the Network tab in the AirPort Utility program (I'm looking at my version 6.3.2 as I write)... it is actually labelled "Router Mode."

I want to set up my Chromecast to work off a spare Airport Express I've got, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

There is a lot of dialog on the web that states the Chromecast REQUIRES the Internet (but I don't see why that would be true).

Good luck - I might try it in a few days...

How to set up Chromecast with Airport Extreme?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.