Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone taking blurry pictures and videos

A week ago my iphone 5 started to take blurry fotos. It looks likes auto focusing but fails. Close range pictures have no problem. Example I take a picture of my hand and it comes out clear. I take a picture of a room or outside it comes out blurry. Same with video.

Yes my camera lens is clean

Yes all my filters are off. Same problem with other camera apps.

Yes i have Restored it twice

I looked into the problem and it appears to be an auto focus problem with the hardware.

My facetime camera works perfectly.

What is causing this issue? any tips or ideas on how to fix this annying problem.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 15, 2014 8:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2014 9:11 PM

If there is an autofocus problem with the hardware there is no way for you to fix it. Contact Apple Support.

3 replies

Apr 19, 2015 5:12 AM in response to Jeanmarchp

The solution to your blurry iPhone 5 6 is recalibration.

Step #1 click on the camera

Step #2 while in camera click on the bottom right on the (3) circles

Step #3 you are now looking at (9) different options for photo (Mono, Tonal, Noir, Fade, None, Chrome, Process, Transfer, Instant) lets assume your phone was set for "none" so lets choose chrome

Step #4 Take a few photos.... Now go back to the (3) circles and put it back on "None"

Step #5 Take photos and verify

This process may help your camera on your iPhone recalibrate. If it does NOT work then you need to go into a Apple Store and request the camera be replaced instore repair and is covered by your 1 year warranty.

Good Luck

Tom Brennan

http://www.proactiverisk.com

iPhone taking blurry pictures and videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.