Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to speedup safari

Safari takes to long to open pages

is any way to speed it up?

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on May 16, 2014 6:20 AM

4 replies

Feb 27, 2017 7:17 PM in response to Linc Davis

I tried all and my safari on13 inch MacBook Pro retna display, and safari is so fast now

Like I stored websites and there are those little picture icon. They are all gone now and private web browsing enable. Just one click now and in two seconds for any site I stored in my favorites to come up

Like my utilities company will take up to 15 to 20 seconds to load, now it's under 2 seconds

Good stop before you call apple tech support

Excellent tutorial

May 16, 2014 7:17 AM in response to Enzoduke

Please answer as many of the following questions as you can. You may already have answered some of them. In that case, there's no need to repeat the answers.

Have you restarted your router and your broadband device (if they're separate) since you first noticed the problem? If not, do that now and see whether there's any change.

If your browser is Safari, then from the Safari menu bar, select

Safari Preferences... Privacy Remove All Website Data

and confirm. Any change?

If you're running OS X 10.9 or later, select the Advanced tab in the Preferences window and uncheck the box marked

Stop plug-ins to save power

Any change?

Quit and relaunch the browser. Any change?

Log out and log back in. Any change?

Enable Private Browsing in the Safari menu. Any change?

Are any other web browsers installed, and are they the same? What about other Internet applications, such as iTunes and the App Store?

If other browsers and Internet applications are also affected, follow these instructions and test. Any change?

If Parental Controls is active for any user, please turn it off and test. Any change?

If only Safari is affected, launch the Activity Monitor application and enter "web" (without the quotes) in the search box. If a process named "Safari Web Content" is shown in red or is using more than about 5% of a CPU, select it and force it to quit by clicking the X or Quit Process button in the toolbar of the window. There may be more than one such process. Any improvement?

Again, if only Safari is involved, open the iCloud preference pane and uncheck the box marked Safari, if it's checked. Any change?

Are there any other devices on the same network that can browse the Web, and are they affected?

If you can test Safari on another network, is it the same there?

If you connect to your router with Wi-Fi and you can also connect with Ethernet, do that and turn off Wi-Fi. Any difference?

how to speedup safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.