Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forward as attachment not working

Hi, all -

I installed 10.9.3 last night, and now forward as attachment creates a text file that is basically unreadable. Drag & drop does the same thing. This thread says that the text file actually sends as an email, but I sent a test to myself, and it didn't work.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5527210?answerId=23710146022#23710146022

Appreciate any ideas!

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on May 16, 2014 7:47 AM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2015 1:32 AM in response to kimzey

I have the same problem - if I drag an email message from 'full screen' mail to the desktop, sometimes it drops it there as a .eml message but usually just a text file. If I add .eml to the end of the text file, it would open as a properly formatted email message, otherwise it just opens in TextEdit. Dragging messages from one viewing window in mail to another where I am writing a message doesn't work and neither does forward as attachment. kimzey is right that the thread mentioned doesn't work.

Any solution that doesn't involved laborious dragging from place to place, would be of a great help.

I use MacBook Prop OS X 10.10.2

Forward as attachment not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.