Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switching between OS 10 and Windows 8 using VMware

Using an earlier version of Mac OS, I always used a Spaces window to load VMware Fusion. I could easily switch between OS and Windows by pressing the command and arrow keys. With Spaces no longer available, is it possible to switch between OS and Windows using only the keyboard? Thanks.

Posted on May 16, 2014 11:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2014 7:54 AM

If you mean by using Cmd+Tab when Win 8 is running in Fusion 6, I just tried it and it works. However, it only works one way when Windows is running in full screen in that going back to Windows only gets to the VM Library; the full Windows screen does not reappear. On the other hand, if you have the VM running in a window, Cmd+Tab works in both directions.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2014 7:54 AM in response to cewenger

If you mean by using Cmd+Tab when Win 8 is running in Fusion 6, I just tried it and it works. However, it only works one way when Windows is running in full screen in that going back to Windows only gets to the VM Library; the full Windows screen does not reappear. On the other hand, if you have the VM running in a window, Cmd+Tab works in both directions.

Switching between OS 10 and Windows 8 using VMware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.