Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

with a lost password, how can i reset my I-4 to factory settings? I changed my email adress.

with a lost password, how can i reset my I-4 to factory settings? I changed my email and forgot the old password.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 16, 2014 11:58 AM

1 reply

May 18, 2014 8:02 AM in response to AJM1745

Hi AJM1745,

Welcome to the Support Communities! The article below will help you troubleshoot the issue you are having with your password / settings for your Apple ID.

Frequently asked questions about Apple ID

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5622

You may already have an Apple ID, and you only need one for everything you do with Apple. If you aren't sure, visit My Apple ID and click Find your Apple ID.

If you don't have an Apple ID, you can create one at My Apple ID. You can also create one by signing up for an Apple service (such as an iTunes Store or iCloud). You should use your primary email address as your Apple ID.

I no longer have an email address that was also my Apple ID. Can I still use the email address as my Apple ID?

Apple recommends you change your Apple ID to your current, working email address. This will not create another Apple ID, it will only change it to your working email address. See Changing the name you use for your Apple ID if you'd like more information.

Note: @mac.com and @me.com Apple IDs can not be renamed. If you no longer use the .mac or .me email address be sure to add your valid email address as an additional email address.

Apple ID: Changing your Apple ID

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5621

Before you change your Apple ID:

• Sign out of all Apple features and services that you use with your current Apple ID.
  • Make sure that the email address you want to use for your Apple ID meets these conditions:
    • The email address is one that you use regularly, because it will be the primary email address for your Apple ID.
    • The email address is not associated with any other Apple ID.
    • The email address is not an iCloud email address, which is already an Apple ID. iCloud email addresses end with @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com.

Once you have edited your Apple ID and password, you will be able to reset your iPhone:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766

Cheers,

- Judy

with a lost password, how can i reset my I-4 to factory settings? I changed my email adress.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.