Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone shows the wrong email for App Store

When I went to update my apps it asked me to log into the App Store and now, out of nowhere, shows an old email address of mine that was NEVER associated with the App Store or my Apple account. If I go under settings, both the App Store and iCloud show me logged in with the correct email address (my @me.com address) and not the old address. Here is what I have attempted so far...

I have logged out of the App Store and logged bag in- did not fix issue.

Reset All Settings- did not fix issue

This is quite frustrating as I've only had this particular iPhone for several months, I can't update my apps, and as I said before, the old email address was NEVER connected to the App Store or my Apple Account.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 16, 2014 4:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2014 5:35 PM

The Apple ID used to buy an app is the only Apple ID that can update the app. The Apple ID is encoded into the licensed copy of the app on your phone. If this email address was never associated with an Apple ID it would not be showing up in conjunction with an update.

7 replies

May 16, 2014 4:32 PM in response to Niel

Those applications were never downloaded under another account. I've only ever had one account which has only been associated with one email (the @me.com address).

Even if I delete those apps, the App Store application itself still thinks there is another account. Until I find a way to change the incorrect email, it won't let me log in.

May 16, 2014 6:02 PM in response to Dah•veed

Well then, there is a huge problem because my old address was never used for the App Store. I've been updating my apps with my @me.com since I bought my first iPhone. Closest my old address was involved was when I had my first iPhone set up to check two email accounts until my frequent contacts started using my new email address, then I deleted the second email account. But the old address was never part of the App Store.

My iPhone shows the wrong email for App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.