Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'Snapping' issue with Wacom on OSX 10.9 Mavericks

Hey all;

I have a user who just upgraded to a new Mac Pro running OSX 10.9 Mavericks.

The user is currently having a problem in where when they use their Wacome pen to move certain items around in OSX, the items "snap" back to their original positions.

This issue only occurs while using the Wacom pen via the Cintiq 22HD currently hooked up to the Mac Pro.

When using the mouse cursor, the items move around and keep their positions without any issue.

A good example of this is when moving icons around on the Desktop or Folder shorcuts/files in a Finder Window.

This users' primary tool is Photoshop and the issue is also present when moving around layers as well.

I've tried searching high and low for a solution to this but have run out of things to try.

Here's what has been tried to far:

- Re-install/update Wacom Drivers

- Update Photoshop

- Re-install Photoshop

- Reset Photoshop preferences

- Changed 'Color Picker' in Photoshop from Apple Color Picker to Adobe Color Picker

- Tried Command + then Command - which can apparently "reset" the move tool and fix the issue

- Checked for any locked layer masks and tried unlocking them/deleting them (doesn't make sense anyway though as the mouse cursor is able to move the same locked layer masks fine)

- Rolling back Wacom drivers

- Downgrading CS5 version

Some of these solutions worked for about a day or two but then the issue came right back.

We're currently running the latest version of the Wacom Drivers (version 6.3.8-2) and latest updated version of Photoshop CS5 (version 12.0.4)

Mavericks is fully updated as well.

Not sure what other info may be useful but just ask if needed!

Any help on this would be appreciated - it would be great to find a permanent solution to this pesky issue.

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on May 16, 2014 3:30 PM

5 replies

May 27, 2014 6:34 PM in response to marcnl

Yes, my Cintiq 24HD now seems to 'stick' - if you double click on a Finder menu, it holds the item and drags it, and the drawing and pen tools in Adobe Illustrator now don't work - it keeps drawing lines that are finished, even with the pen several mm above the surface.

HELP! I have told wacom, but haven't received any response.

I have the latest Adobe software (CC), latest Wacom drivers, latest MacOS... maybe I'll wait on the OS update next time until the dust settles.

Can we go back to 10.9.2?

How do you do that?

May 28, 2014 10:18 PM in response to AndyHook

Uhh, I think I was causing part of my own problem: I had tried fooling around with the custom sensitivity setting in the Wacom control panel thingy, and dragged the graph line back to zero, when it normally starts at about 5% - thus the hypersensitive pen, sensing the surface when several mm above it etc. Coincidentally, I upgraded to 10.9.3 at the same time, and blamed that. 😊 Sorry for time wasting, folks.

However, there is STILL something newly 'flakey' about the way clicks and double clicks don't work so well now with the Finder in 10.9.3, and that isn't to do with changing the Wacom pen's sensitivity.

May 29, 2014 8:52 AM in response to AndyHook

That's great news that your problem was solved AndyHook.

My issue still stands though.

Going back to my OP, the original problem posted about is with the wacom pen 'snapping' items back to their original position when trying to move.

This issue is present both with layers in Photoshop and when moving files/icons around in Finder.

Apart from everything I've already tried, I've since attempted changing the pen sensitivity and have also upgraded to OSX 10.9.3

No difference - issue is still present. At this point, Apple, Wacom, and Adobe are all pointing fingers at each other which is not very useful... it's got to be either Wacom Drivers, Mac OSX, or Adobe... they're not acting properly together.

Does anyone have any experience with reverting a new gen Mac Pro to an earlier version of Mac OSX such as 10.7? Does it work or are there driver issues?

'Snapping' issue with Wacom on OSX 10.9 Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.