Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

touch id not working in iphone 5s

User uploaded file

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 16, 2014 4:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2017 12:50 AM

After I upgraded to iOS 10.2 on my iPhone 5s I had the same problem with Touch ID not working. I followed up with apple care with no solution for this issue. I finally got the solution myself. Please follow below instructions only for 10.2 versions..

Go to General / Accessibility/ Home Button and scroll down to " rest finger to open " and uncheck the button. Thats it. Your Touch ID will start working again.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2017 12:50 AM in response to andro rock

After I upgraded to iOS 10.2 on my iPhone 5s I had the same problem with Touch ID not working. I followed up with apple care with no solution for this issue. I finally got the solution myself. Please follow below instructions only for 10.2 versions..

Go to General / Accessibility/ Home Button and scroll down to " rest finger to open " and uncheck the button. Thats it. Your Touch ID will start working again.

touch id not working in iphone 5s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.