Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I see how to delete songs from iPad, but there are some that won't give me the option to delete when I swipe it. Why won't it let me?

I see how to delete songs from iPad, but there are some songs that don't give me the option to delete when I swipe them. Why can't I get rid of these songs?

iPad Air Wi-Fi

Posted on May 16, 2014 5:38 PM

4 replies

May 16, 2014 5:52 PM in response to Chardo3

Do they have a cloud icon next to them? If they do, they aren't on the iPad so you can't delete them. They are in iCloud ready for you to download them if you want to and they are visible in the music app for this purpose.

If you don't want to see these songs that are in iCloud, go to Settings> iTunes & App Store>Show all>Music>Off.

I see how to delete songs from iPad, but there are some that won't give me the option to delete when I swipe it. Why won't it let me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.