Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11.1.3 Store crashes the program when I attempt to access it

I posted this over a month ago and no one answered then, so I'll see if I can get some sort of advice now. I am currently running Windows 7 64bit, and realize I am running an older version of itunes, due to all the recent upgrade issues, including it messing up my cd/dvd rom drivers. Now any time I attempt to open the itunes STORE itunes will crash on me. Everything else runs fine, just that function of itunes. I really don't want to have to upgrade until I know all the bugs are fixed and i won't have to go through the steps of having to uninstall everything and so forth (I really don't feel we should have to in order to use the program, Apple should fix this bug). Any suggestions? I have see fixes and suggestions for windows 8, but if I copy and move the QTMovieWin.dll file, that doesn't fix the issue.

Windows 7

Posted on May 16, 2014 9:56 PM

1 reply

May 19, 2014 11:12 AM in response to opiumroses2003

Hey there!

It sounds like you are unable to open the iTunes Store without it quitting unexpectedly. I would use the following article to help troubleshoot the issue named:

iTunes for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8: Fix unexpected quits or launch issues

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1717

Start with this step, and there is additional troubleshooting if needed in the article:

Start iTunes in Safe Mode

Open iTunes in Safe Mode to isolate any interference from plug-ins or scripts not manufactured by Apple.

1. Hold down Shift–Control while opening iTunes. You should see a dialog that says "iTunes is running in safe mode" before iTunes finishes starting up.
  2. Click Continue.
  3. See if the issue you're experiencing persists in Safe Mode.

If you have the same issue while iTunes is in Safe Mode, proceed to the "Create a new user account" section. If you don't experience the same issue, follow these steps to remove third-party plug-ins.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Sterling

iTunes 11.1.3 Store crashes the program when I attempt to access it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.