Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes 11.2 Podcasts continually downloading old episodes

Since updating to 11.2 my podcasts have been giving me a couple issues:

(1) Everytime I start iTunes and try to refresh my podcasts it automatically starts to download all the old episodes of certain shows.

- I've tried to delete them manually but it just downloads them again.

- I've marked them as "played" and left them to be deleted automatically after 24 hours as they are supposed to be but they just download again instead.

NOTE: It's only doing it for a few podcasts from one provider (AfterBuzzTV) but it is not doing it for every show i subscribe to from them.

(2) The ones it is not automatically downloading every old episode of have had the titles changed to "Unknown Album".

- I tried restarting iTunes and my computer since this seems to have worked for other people with the "Unknown Album" problem in the past but it does not work for me.

Basically it tries to download around a 100 episodes or so everytime I open iTunes, some of which are over two years old.

itunes-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on May 17, 2014 6:57 AM

12 replies

May 17, 2014 9:47 AM in response to caitlinfromin

It's also not deleting any podcasts after they've been marked as played for 24 hours.

Any idea when 11.2.1 is coming to windows and if that will even have a fix? What I've seen 11.2.1 is supposed to fix a bug that hid the /Users folder and only affected mac users. Meanwhile, my itunes keeps finding older and older podcasts to download and will not stop.

If i stop them in the download box it just finds even older ones to download. It never ends. I've been trying to make it stop for hours. Its gotten back to 2011 now and it keeps finding more

May 17, 2014 10:13 AM in response to Király

It's on the top left, see this discussion: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6223227?tstart=0

I've now uninstalled and reinstalled itunes but it's downloading more old, played episodes whenever i open it and some are still listed as unknown album. It shows no sign of stopping until it has downloaded the entire catalogue onto my hard drive and I am afraid its going to start doing this to other podcasts after it finishes the ones its already begun.

May 17, 2014 10:31 AM in response to caitlinfromin

Check your rules for each of the AfterBuzzTV podcast series in turn and set download episodes off for now. Close iTunes and then delete the Downloads folder inside your iTunes Media folder, this can hold a cache of items that are queued for download.

iTunes 11.2.1 for OS X was an update dealing with a security issue on Macs so there is no reason to expect a matching Windows release.

tt2

May 23, 2014 8:53 AM in response to caitlinfromin

iTunes 11.2.1 has completely screwed everything up with my saved Podcasts. As a result, I've been trying to clean things up the last few days and when I try to delete one podcast or episode, it ends up deleting other saved items. I am completely fed-up with it. And yes... it also keeps downloading podcasts I hadn't subscribed too as well. This is crazy. I just want it to work, but something very screwy is happening in the way it incorrectly displays things.

May 23, 2014 11:33 AM in response to klockw243

Agree. Same issue... ;-(

The other significant probelm is that my podcasts stop playing after about 90 seconds and then the Podcasts application suddenly quits. This is for the birds.

I've tried playing with the Sleep Timer (turning it on and off, asking it to sleep after the current episode, etc.). Rebooting the iPhone, ...

Nothing works.

Apple, What's going on here? Your latest software upgrade are RETROgrades!

Mac OSX 10.9.3, iPhone 5, iTunes 11.2.1

May 25, 2014 4:46 AM in response to NASA_Brian

Just posted a new topic about a similar issue, Brian, only my podcast shuts off and deletes itself after about 40 mins of play time.

And I've had the issue of podcasts reappearing after deletion and itunes autoplaying the next podcast even though I have that set to OFF for the last 6 months or so. It's like the dev team is focusing on all of the sync and icloud features and in the process mucking up the podcast features but ignoring them.

Itunes 11.2 Podcasts continually downloading old episodes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.