Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro project won't open

I can locate my project, but when I select it, the event opens and shows the beach ball forever. It is a project I had to set aside while finishing some others. I bought a new MacBook Pro and had to update to FCPX 10.1.1, and all my projects. Now the project jams when I select the event. Original media is there, the project is there, and the beach ball is there.

Final Cut Pro X

Posted on May 17, 2014 8:38 AM

1 reply

May 22, 2014 12:59 PM in response to TNGWB

Hi TNGWB,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

A few questions come to mind as I review your comments. You mentioned “It is a project I set aside.” Then you “updated FCPX to 10.1.1 and all my projects.” So, was this project updated with all of the others? Or was it moved to a different location and has not been updated yet? When you open FCPX, do you see the event called Updated Projects? When you click on the Updated Projects Event, do you see this particular project in the Event Browser (it will have a black and grey strip along the top.) Click on the link below for complete instructions including screen shots:

Final Cut Pro X 10.1: Updating and working with libraries FAQ

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5958?viewlocale=en_US

User uploaded file

If the project has not been updated yet, you can update it manually:

Final Cut Pro X Help: Update your projects and events to Final Cut Pro 10.1

http://help.apple.com/finalcutpro/mac/10.1/#ver2df430747

For more information about using libraries in Final Cut Pro X 10.1, click on this article:

Managing Media with Final Cut Pro X Libraries

www.apple.com/final-cut-pro/docs/Media_Management.pdf

Take a look at this information, and see if it sheds some light on your particular situation.

Cheers,

Judy

Final Cut Pro project won't open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.