Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you prevent iPhone from cleaning apps

Recently my phone has been running low on space and my iPhone 5 has been cleaning up a lot of apps and it is really irritating. Is there anyway to manually control which apps to clean or completely off this cleaning function ? Thanks

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 17, 2014 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2017 5:50 AM

I have the same problem. I have this game called Summoners War and it needs to download extra files for it and every time I don’t use it and get back on it (like 2 hours) it asks me to redownload the same files and it is really annoying having to wait every time I want to play.

24 replies

May 1, 2018 7:46 PM in response to Lyskar

Lyskar wrote:

Hello everyone;

Just to let you know ANYTHING you write here in this forum MIGHT fall on death ears.

This is a user-to-user technical support forum. It is not the place to let Apple know what you think. If you want to let Apple know something, use the feedback page:

Product Feedback - Apple

The second best option is to install the beta software, only because it has an Exclusive app called "feedback assistant."

Installing beta software on the device you depend on is a mistake. And, the Feedback Assistant is just for telling Apple about issues with the beta software. The above mentioned Feedback page is open to anyone.

And beta WILL void your warranty.

No, it does not void your warranty.

May 1, 2018 6:57 PM in response to AppleSicks5487

Hello everyone;

Just to let you know ANYTHING you write here in this forum MIGHT fall on death ears.

Only because the one person that cared about even the fonts and icons that the iPhone displays, that caring person passed away on October 5th, 2011.

The second best option is to install the beta software, only because it has an Exclusive app called "feedback assistant."

Be warned that beta IS always risky close to death and bricked iPhone. I use it on a second hand used iPhone. And beta WILL void your warranty.

Beta.apple.com

May 17, 2014 7:33 PM in response to Jokohhhhh

Never heard of this before...

-> http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4334

"More information about cache cleaning

On devices using iOS 5 or later, cache cleaning occurs automatically when the device has less than 1 GB of available storage. This storage-management feature is designed to optimize the performance of your iOS device when space is limited. The cache for infrequently used documents is cleared first."

May 17, 2014 7:40 PM in response to Jokohhhhh

Your iPad will clear the cache of the less often used apps. There is no way to control which apps have their cache cleared or when. The best way to avoid this is to free up enough space to have plenty of free space for the iPad to operate efficiently.

With iOS 7 it is recommended that you have 15-20% of the storage space on the device free. For a 16 GB device that is 2.4-3.2 GB free. For a 32 GB device that is 4.8-6.4 GB free. For a 64 GB device that is 9.6-12.8 GB free.

The only way to get more free space on your iPad is to delete content and apps.

How do you prevent iPhone from cleaning apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.