Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud for windows

I installed iCloud Control Panel for Windows on my computer and registered a username and password which was verified via emai. However every time I try to log on it says I don't have an account. ???? Suggestions??

Windows 7

Posted on May 17, 2014 7:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2014 8:19 PM

First you have to create iCloud account on an iOS device (iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch) running iOS 5 or higher, or on a Mac running OS X Lion (10.7.5) or higher. You can't create an iCloud account on a PC. After creating your account on one of these devices you will then be able to sign into the account using this ID on your PC.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2014 8:19 PM in response to sillycat41

First you have to create iCloud account on an iOS device (iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch) running iOS 5 or higher, or on a Mac running OS X Lion (10.7.5) or higher. You can't create an iCloud account on a PC. After creating your account on one of these devices you will then be able to sign into the account using this ID on your PC.

May 6, 2015 6:55 AM in response to oc12345

Well, the disappointment continues with the latest release of iCloud for Windows version 4.1. Have never been able to install the previous release (4.0.2) - the installation program runs, then ultimately reports that there was a problem with the "installation package", then the install quits and backs out. I was very optimistic that Apple would address this problem with their new release, but - Alas - the identical problem persists.

Apple ... if you are listening - please address this issue. Either issue a release that programs the problem out, or provide step by step instructions if there is something we need to do/run on our PCs running Windows 7 64 bit in order to successfully install the new release. Thank you!

icloud for windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.