Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with installing Mavericks

Hi, I'm currently attempting to install OS X Mavericks onto my 2010 MacBook Pro, runing OS X 1.7.5 Mountain Lion and running into some errors. About a year ago, I bootcamped my HDD to run 500GB Mac:250GB Windows 7. I've since unbootcamped it, yet I can't install Mavericks. Whenever I try, about a half-hour into it, I get a message saying that the installed failed to create a recovery partition. I'm also sure that I have ~500GB free on my HDD, so space isn't an issue.

I've tried doing a few things that I read online, including making a small partition (I've gone up to about 10GB) and wiping my HDD with disk utility and restoring from TimeMachine.

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 17, 2014 8:56 PM

4 replies

May 18, 2014 7:24 PM in response to kevin_

I could have done something wrong, so I'll go down the lidt of exactly what happened.

1. Cloned HDD to EXT
  2. CTR+R booted
  3. Clicked "1 Partition"
  4. Erased HDD with lowest/fastest security
  5. This is where it got strange, I was unable to reinstall Lion, as it trued to force Mavericks
  6. Mavericks failed installing saying that it enountered a software problem
  7. Unable to transport data from clone w/o a Time Machine Backup (I used CCC)
  8. ReBooted using 250 EXT HDD
  9. Created another clone onto 750 Main HDD
  10. Booted up normally, but still with Lion

Is there any suggestion for what I should do now? I may want to try again with a Time Machine backup instead of a CCC backup, so that I can try to install just the OS X, and then transfer data.

Issues with installing Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.