Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Movie download error

I'm having a nightmare!!! I'm trying to downloads some movies for a flight tomorrow (so no Wifi) and I keep getting this really annoying "download error, tap to retry" message in iTunes..... I've got 10gb of storage left and I've tried everything, re-booting, watching the trailer first, re connecting.... Some one help me !!!!

iPad 2, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 18, 2014 2:17 PM

1 reply

May 20, 2014 10:03 AM in response to Marky1989

Hi Marky1989,

If you have access to a computer, you can download the movies to your computer and then sync them to your iPad. The article below provides other tips that may be helpful too.

iTunes: How to resume interrupted iTunes Store downloads

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1725

iTunes: How to resume interrupted iTunes Store downloads

When you buy music, movies, or TV shows from the iTunes Store, the download might get interrupted. Find out how to resume downloading if this happens to you.

Your download might not finish because:

• iTunes lost its connection to the Internet.
  • iTunes quit before the download finished.
  • Your iOS device (or computer) restarted during a download.
  • The Internet connection was too slow.
  • Another application blocked the download, such as third-party security software or a firewall.

If your download was interrupted using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. From the Home screen, tap the iTunes app.
  2. For iPhone or iPod touch, tap More > Downloads. For iPad, tap Downloads.
  3. Enter your account name and password if prompted.
  4. Tap the blue download arrow to resume.

If you can't complete the download on your iOS device, you can download it in iTunes on your Mac or PC and then sync it to your iOS device. You can also transfer purchases from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to a computer.

If your download was interrupted using your Mac or PC

1. Open iTunes.
  2. Choose Store > Check for Available Downloads.
  3. Type your account name and password if prompted.

Additional Information

If these steps didn't work for you, try the following steps to resolve issue.

1. Restart your iOS device or computer.
  2. Check for updates for your Mac or PC and install any software updates. Also, update any security software you may have (anti-virus, anti-malware, firewall, and so on).
  3. If using Wi-Fi for Internet access, try using a different Wi-Fi network when downloading. If you are connecting to a home network, try restarting your Wi-Fi router. Also, check for and install any firmware updates for your Wi-Fi router. (Refer to the manufacturer's website for your router to get information on updating its firmware.)
  4. If you are using a Mac or PC, try using an Ethernet cable for wired Internet access instead of using Wi-Fi. If the issue is still unresolved and you're using iTunes for Windows, follow the steps to troubleshoot security software issues.

Related Articles

-Jason

Movie download error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.