Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to sync audiobooks to iphone from computer

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 18, 2014 3:05 PM

5 replies

May 20, 2014 7:48 AM in response to betty215

Hi Betty,

Do you see a iTunes sync alert when the issue occurs? Try following along with the instructions in the article below to verify the audiobook syncing is setup correctly in iTunes.

iTunes 11 for Windows: Add iBooks and audiobooks to iPod, iPhone, or iPad

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH13698

You can download iBooks to your computer and use iTunes to sync them to your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad. You can also use iTunes to sync audiobooks to your iPod or iOS device.

Sync iBooks or audiobooks to your device

1. Connect your device to your computer and select your device in iTunes.
  2. Click the Books button.
  3. Do either or both of the following:
    • Sync iBooks: Select Sync Books, then click “All books,” or click “Selected books” and select the iBooks you want to add.
    • Sync audiobooks: Select Sync Audiobooks, then click “All audiobooks,” or click “Selected audiobooks” and select the audiobooks you want to add.
  4. Click Apply.

-Jason

Dec 14, 2015 2:47 AM in response to ebenalex3

I find transferring audio books on to my iPod increasingly more difficult with recent 'upgrades'

Finally found something that works for me

1. Connect your iPod to your mac

2. Select audio book titles in iTunes library (control+click)

3. Right click and select 'Add to Playlist ' from menu

4. Select 'iPod' from the menu that opens

5. If nothing happens sync via the 'Summary', >Sync button via the iPod icon to the left of the iTunes window

I used to drag and drop , but as I've stored iTunes fines on an external HD the other USB is occupied and the track pad is unresponsive for some reason.

Hope this helps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.