Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have imported music from a CD to iTunes. I now want to transfer this music to iPod shuffle. Please tell me how I can do this. Thank you.

I have imported music from a CD to iTunes. I now want to transfer this music to iPod shuffle. How do I do this? Thank you.

iPod shuffle (4th generation late 2012), Windows XP

Posted on May 19, 2014 2:28 AM

7 replies

May 19, 2014 3:30 AM in response to picas

This did not work for me. From what I can see, I do not have a Main iTunes Window so I did not recognise any of the features in this article: EG Nowhere on my iTunes window is there a button saying DEVICES. What I have is a window showing me the albums in nice little cubes that I have imported from CD to iTunes. At the top left corner there is a button saying MUSIC which I can expand to say PODCASTS, iTUNES U and one other. Above that is the usual set of options: FILE - EDIT - VIEW etc. On the right side top there is an EJECT button. From this window there is no place for me to go except to CLOSE the window.

May 19, 2014 6:44 AM in response to Johnni3A

Successful up to a point. I have discovered the DEVICE button but do not see SYNC MUSIC (or whatever the term is. I can't leave this window to check) after I have pressed Ipod Shuffle. I see SYNC (only) at the bottom right of the window, but when I pressed this button I could see nothing happening. No lights going on and off, no solid bars filling up from left to right. NOTHING! Nor did I see anything resembling the illustrations depicted in the article for which you kindly provided a link.

HOWEVER: Earlier on (before your second reply) I discovered that if I right-click on one of those little cubes bearing the title of the music I had imported into iTunes, and moved down the menu (again, as I can't leave this window to check I can't say which dish I then clicked -- about 5 or 6 down) I discovered that one click of whichever bar was the most likely did the trick! Why Apple cannot provide this simple solution for transferring music from iTunes to iPod shuffle is beyond me. Or have I lost the plot?!

May 19, 2014 6:59 AM in response to Johnni3A

Make sure you have the iPod selected in the Sidebar. You should then have 4 tabs up top – Summary, Music, Podcasts, Audiobooks. Select Music, check Sync Music, then continue with selections.

When everything is selected control click the iPod in the Sidebar to sync or just hit the sync button lower right.

I have imported music from a CD to iTunes. I now want to transfer this music to iPod shuffle. Please tell me how I can do this. Thank you.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.