Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get an invoice re-sent from a Genius Bar for a handset replaced under warranty?

I took my iPhone 5 into a Genius Bar for a speaker issue. I was immediately emailed an invoice for the repair under warranty and told to come back in an hour. After an hour, they decided to replace the handset completely under warranty, but I don't have an email invoice relating to this replacement. The new handset needs to now be repaired under my carrier insurance, but they need to see an invoice from apple with the new handset's IMEI written on it.

Since I live a few hours away from a Genius Bar I really don't want to go in person just to ask for an invoice to be sent. Is there another way?

I have looked on my account at the online apple store and it's not there.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? It was just over 6 months ago in the Carindale store in QLD.

Thanks!

Jo

iPhone 5

Posted on May 19, 2014 7:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2014 7:47 AM

You will need to call or visit the Apple Store and ask if they can resend the invoice. They're the only ones who can help you.

Regards.

7 replies

Jul 14, 2015 9:27 AM in response to varjak paw

Absolutely ridiculous. What if one has to drop of their computer many time zones away while traveling? These stores have limited hours and are typically very busy. To have to call them during business hours and ask for a receipt (I never received any once the work was completed) is really lame. How could Apple let something like this persist for years?

Jul 14, 2015 9:30 AM in response to juliasamps7

juliasamps7 wrote:

Absolutely ridiculous. What if one has to drop of their computer many time zones away while traveling? These stores have limited hours and are typically very busy. To have to call them during business hours and ask for a receipt (I never received any once the work was completed) is really lame. How could Apple let something like this persist for years?

How appalling that stores only do business during business hours!

Submit your feedback to Apple requesting such a feature here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Jul 14, 2015 12:42 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

I think you've missed my point. Clearly if one has to go the store, then one goes during business hours, as I did when it was clear I had to visit the store for the repair in the first place. However, they shipped the computer to the Depot in Houston for repair, who then shipped it to my workplace when it was complete. Since I never received a final invoice for the charges, I contacted Apple to find out how I could get one. They said I had to contact the store, which is about 3000 miles away. I waited until they opened and then tried calling that store, but my call was re-routed to a store much closer to me, and they were unable to hear me when I called. I tried five times and got the same result each time. So I called Apple support again and asked what I should do. They said they would call the store, but the same thing happened to them. They suggested I try later, and that there is no other way to receive a receipt other than to contact the retail store where I dropped off my computer while traveling (a receipt I need in order to be reimbursed for the $1300 of work I had done).

I realize that systems can have problems once in awhile, but in point of fact this just serves to highlight the ridiculousness of having to go through the store to get a receipt.

And I did submit a feedback comment.

Jul 14, 2015 12:49 PM in response to juliasamps7

juliasamps7 wrote:

I think you've missed my point.

I didn't miss it at all. Sigh.

You dealt with a particular store which, apparently had an issue providing you with a receipt. I've never had that problem with an Apple Store. They email me everything. But, things happen. If the receipt failed to properly generate, the store is going to have to do some research to find the transaction. Although I have no doubt that your situation is quite annoying, it is hardly evidence of some larger systemic issue.

Jul 14, 2015 1:06 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

If you didn't miss my point, I sure couldn't tell from your reply.

I disagree that it isn't a sign of a systemic problem, in fact I would argue it is the very definition of a systemic problem. It seems to me that using my Apple ID for these types of transactions could make this much easier, and would allow for tracking of the transactions, tying the charges to the credit card I already have stored in that database, etc. Why not offer that as an option?

How do I get an invoice re-sent from a Genius Bar for a handset replaced under warranty?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.