Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Store - why can't I sort by date released?

When I want to buy a music album on iTunes, I have to go to Wikipedia, first, to check the discography of the artist I'm interested in, to see what their latest album is. The reason is because iTunes doesn't seem to have an ability to sort albums by date released. This seems idiotic to me.

Am I right?

Thanks!

Posted on May 19, 2014 8:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2014 6:58 AM

Hey Scot Walker,

Thanks for the question. If you are viewing all albums by an artist, you do have the option to sort by release date. This option is located in the top right corner of the page (it defaults to Bestsellers):

User uploaded file

Note that you will need to click “See All >” from the Artists’ homepage.

Additional Information:

How to browse and buy content from the iTunes Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1879

Thanks,

Matt M.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2014 6:58 AM in response to Scot Walker

Hey Scot Walker,

Thanks for the question. If you are viewing all albums by an artist, you do have the option to sort by release date. This option is located in the top right corner of the page (it defaults to Bestsellers):

User uploaded file

Note that you will need to click “See All >” from the Artists’ homepage.

Additional Information:

How to browse and buy content from the iTunes Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1879

Thanks,

Matt M.

May 21, 2014 7:02 AM in response to matt00

Matt, thank you!

I figured out what I was doing wrong. I normally do a search for the artist I'm interested in. So if I want Stone Temple Pilots' latest album, I would just type in the search field "Stone Temple Pilots" and then click on See All under Albums. Doing that doesn't give you the sort option because it's giving me results the search algorithm thinks is most relevant.

If I click on the band name and then go to See All under Albums, I have the option you mentioned.

Thanks!
Scot

iTunes Store - why can't I sort by date released?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.