Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost iPhone 5s: had a passcode lock, fully charged battery and Find My iPhone on: checked 4 hours after lost and it still says "offline". Is there anything I can do?!

It says "offline" on Find My iPhone. I'm sure if stolen they could turn the phone off, but I feel as if it would need to be turned on at some point which would send a signal and a location but that hasn't happened. Any ideas what happened or what I can do?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 19, 2014 1:55 PM

6 replies

Mar 6, 2015 12:30 AM in response to ckuan

Is this the same for a 6? I had mine for a month. It was stolen from the pocket of my robe at a spa. I had not installed find my phone prior, but did so a few hours later via my iPad. My phone was password protected. Does that mean anything these days or could someone still get something out of it. I've put a new SIM card in my 4 and reactivated it today. Will block the line on the 6 first thing tomorrow. I have coverage from carrier and apple but apparently neither covers theft. 1) any way of tracing the phone if it still reads off line and 2) any advice on how to get a replacement without paying for another phone? I'm both a long term apple and AT&T customer. Seems crazy to not get any support!

Mar 6, 2015 12:31 AM in response to kayleyellis

This a similar problem I have like Dannies "I had the same problem with my iphone 5 after updating to 7.0.4. For one month the phone was doing well than the symptoms started. First the phone had 60% off battery i plug it in the wall charger and after 5 minutes it turns off. I did a hard reset and the phone boot properly. Than i plug it another time and after 10 minutes i went to check and it was down again. My wall charger and usb cable are genuine. I tried with different charger and usb cable but with no results.

That i tried to charge via PC and i had sucsses. Than another day the phone had 93% of battery and using 3G on youtube the phone crashed (turn off). Then again and againg using the 3G. I kept charging the phone via PC those days because with the wall charger it shuts off, in the same time i didn't use 3G and cellular data, only wireless. The phone went fine for 2 days than it started crashing again and i had to do a hard reset every time to get it back on because the screen went black. Also on the diagnosis section it started creating panic.plist and reset counter. I searched on web for fixes and did a restore to 7.1.1 puting the phone on DFU mode. The phone got worse after the update, it started crashing every 5 minutes, with 3G, celluar data, wireless ON or OFF it didn't matter anymore. It started a new symptom with the battery full or half or any time i pushed the sleep/wake button after 1 minute the phone turned off, every single time and i had to do hard reset."

Its so frustrating and annoying because I just upgrade my Iphone5 to the lastest version 8.1.2 or so I would have checked it but right now its not comming on. I have to wait for 1 hour. Sometimes if am charging it keeps going on and off without booting completely. I love iphone but this is really annoying. Am in Nigeria there is no Technical support how can you help me with my iphone 5. Please help me.

Lost iPhone 5s: had a passcode lock, fully charged battery and Find My iPhone on: checked 4 hours after lost and it still says "offline". Is there anything I can do?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.