Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes wont recognize my iphone 5s!!! Please help

Hi Everyone.. can someone please help me? Ive been searching this forum for 2 days now and cannot find a fix to the issue I am having.

My wife and I had iphone 4s' untill we recently upgraded to the 5s... we got both phones on the same day and simply installed from backup and everything appeared to run smoothly in both cases... Until i recently noticed that some of the music was missing from a playlist I made a while ago.

Naturally I thought to sync the phone.. This is not possible over wifi (device options are greyed out) and it wont even work using a cable as the device driver times out. Now please note I have forced an update to the driver multiple times now following advice on this site, and I have made sure that my windows updates and itunes software are fully upto date, yet I still cannot get itunes to see my phone... or my wifes phone!

Iphone software is upto date and i have tried different cables just to be sure, and still nothing! Help me apple support community.. your my only hope!

Thanks

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 19, 2014 1:47 PM

2 replies

May 21, 2014 11:44 AM in response to mcenteemike

Hello mcenteemike,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities.

The first thing I would check on would be what version of iTunes you have installed on your computer.

System Requirements

• Apple ID (required for some features)
  • Internet access4
  • Syncing with iTunes on a Mac or PC requires:
    • Mac: OS X v10.6.8 or later
    • PC: Windows 7; Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later
    • iTunes 10.7 or later (free download from www.itunes.com/download)

iPhone 5 - Technical Specifications

http://support.apple.com/kb/SP655

If your iTunes is up to date, then you use the appropriate link:

Not seen in iTunes / USB connection issues

See these articles for help with troubleshooting this issue:

From

iPhone: Hardware troubleshooting

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2802

Regards,

Jeff D.

itunes wont recognize my iphone 5s!!! Please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.