Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I disable private browsing on Safari 10.5.8? iMac

I would like to disable the private browsing feature on my iMac. The safari version is 5.0.6 and the MacOS X version is 10.5.8. I have tried everything I can find on the net and nothing is working. I need this done ASAP as this computer is being sent to my 12 year old niece. I would rather her not be able to hide her browsing habits.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on May 19, 2014 8:37 PM

8 replies

May 20, 2014 11:03 AM in response to adaismeus

Another consideration is the availability to 'reset' Safari

whereby all recent activities are not recorded... This is

an easy way for any user to erase the browser history.

{Just looked in link above & see the 'reset' mentioned.}

Perhaps a keystroke recording software may help?

If the younger user has a standard or restricted account

and has no access via an Admin account, then other

options may present themselves beyond parental control.

Kids learn how things work, and also ask their friends.

Good luck! 😐

edited

Jan 22, 2016 1:30 AM in response to adaismeus

If you've been using Safari's Private Browsing feature to keep your web-tracks hidden, it might come as a surprise to you that you are leaving a very visible record of the sites you've been visiting. This tutorial will show you how to solve the problem about disable private browsing on Safari 10.5.8. Just on click can work out. You just press "Private" twice, and the mode of private browsing on Safari is turned on. This way is suitable for iPad/iPhone/iPod. If you want to know some about using Safari on iPad, some guide can be found in Google.

How do I disable private browsing on Safari 10.5.8? iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.