Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i Dropped my Iphone 5s and its not responding anymore

Hi guys

I dropped my iphone 5s on the floor , and the touch screen is not responding anymore, but all the buttons of the phone are working fine , and there are 3 lines to the right side of the screen one thick and two thin ones , but there is no physical damage on the phone

i restarted the phone by holding the power and home buttons, but no success , now i cant even unlock the phone or do anything ;(

Any idea what could be the issue, and does the warranty covers this issue ,

Thanks User uploaded file

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 19, 2014 10:49 PM

10 replies

May 19, 2014 11:00 PM in response to Mark Piaskiewicz1

"AppleCare+ for iPhone

Every iPhone comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary support. AppleCare+ for iPhone extends your coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a $79 service fee plus applicable tax."

Jul 2, 2014 8:13 PM in response to Mus_

I have a similar problem. I dropped my phone a couple of times. Brought it to a local servicecenter, they tell me the warranty is void because of a couple of chips found on the phone. Now they are charging me $380 (almost $400) for a replacement unit.

MInd you I have an iPad (1st Gen) I have dropped several times and it still works fine to date.

i Dropped my Iphone 5s and its not responding anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.