Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't copy my home video from iPad to PC

Hello,

I've got into unpleasant situation with my first i-device, which is iPad Air WiFi. I've created a video from my vacation and uploaded it to iPad but then I removed it from my PC, so now I have this video only on iPad. It shows in the stock "Videos" application. The problem is that now I can't download this video back to PC and can't share it to Youtube or anywhere else, it's just jailed on iPad. It shows in iTunes in "Movies" section and can be played on PC via iTunes, but I can't copy it to PC which is really nasty and looks stupid, because this is my own video...

Any ideas how can get my video back from iPad, maybe with some third party tools for raw filesystem access? Any idea where stock Videos app stores it's data?

Thanks

iPad, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 20, 2014 12:14 AM

10 replies

May 20, 2014 12:48 AM in response to dima.c

Hi dima.c

if you can play your video on your PC with iTunes, the file is located on your PC filesystem, seek under the iTunes folder (mostly the name of your folder might be "home video"). The video format is typical *.m4v or *.mov. That format is the standard movie encoding format for iTunes. If you find your movie file, but can't play it, you will need a decoder or transcoder program to convert the video into windows format like *.wmv or other, because the windows media player don't understand the *.m4v format.

Hope it helps

May 20, 2014 2:40 AM in response to ichoderso

Hi ichoderso

> if you can play your video on your PC with iTunes, the file is located on your PC filesystem

I'm sorry, I have not specified it clearly in my first post - I can play this video with iTunes only from iPad, when it's connected to PC. I don't have this video in my iTunes library on PC. I mean that when I browse movies on iPad with iTunes, I can see this video file and if I double click on it then it starts playing, but iTunes denies copying it to PC (drag&drop does nothing as well as "Copy" item in context menu).

May 20, 2014 4:02 AM in response to dima.c

Hi dima.c

it's not clear for me. I know three ways to get home made videos on the IPad. Directly recorded with the iPad Camera , made with an external camera and uploaded with the 'Camera Connection Kit'. In both cases, the file will be stored on the IPad, founded under 'Photo App' / Recordings. The third Way, as an example, over email or equal. In That Case, the Movie will not be stored on your iPad, you just can See it through the eMail Client.

But, self or home made videos will never shown under the App 'iTunes'. ITunes on the iPad just show Movies to buy or Rent.

The iPad have a 'movie App' too. Here you can see all your movies, there are stored in your iTunes Library - brought of your own home made.

If you have rent a movie, you can Switch the Movie between your iTunes Libraries, on the iPad or your mac/pc though syncing. If you have bought a movie, you can sync your Movie to all authorized machines (IPad, iPod, iPhone, Mac etc.)

Hope ist helps

Jun 25, 2014 3:29 PM in response to ichoderso

HI, I have the same problem. I made videos with my apple ipad air (oroginal) and tried to save everything from it. With itunes everything is fine but photos and videos I save with micfosoft program. I could save almost everything but there are 2 videos which are bigger than 1GB and those somehow not getting through to the folder what I selected. It starts to copy then stops and it says 0'kb. Can somebody give me a program or any ideas how to save those videos to my pc and could delete them from ipad air. Need the space 🙂

I can't copy my home video from iPad to PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.