Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to copy and paste on MacBook Air

How do I cut and paste with MacBook Air?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air

Posted on May 20, 2014 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2017 9:31 AM

I always use the short cut keyboard for copying and pasting. Suddenly today my computer is not allowing me to do this any longer. Is there a setting I need to check or change. I use this feature all the time and very frustrated that I can't currently use it. PLEASE HELP!

3 replies

May 20, 2014 10:32 AM in response to Bernice32

Copying, Cutting, and Pasting in OS X

You can easily copy, cut, or paste pictures, text, and other items easily using the built-in shortcuts and menus in OS X.

Copying text

To copy text, you can either secondary-click the text or use OS X’s built-in keyboard shortcut.

To copy using secondary-click, first secondary-click the text. Then, select the Copy button from the pop-up menu.

To copy using the keyboard shortcut, select the text. Then, press both the C and Command (⌘) keys at the same time.

Cutting text

To cut text, you can either secondary-click the text or use OS X’s built-in keyboard shortcut.

To cut using secondary-click, first secondary-click the text. Then, select the Cut button from the pop-up menu.

To cut using the keyboard shortcut, select the text. Then, press both the X and Command (⌘) keys at the same time.

Pasting text

To paste text, you can either secondary-click the text or use OS X’s built-in keyboard shortcut.

To paste using secondary-click, first secondary-click the text. Then, select the Paste button from the pop-up menu.

To paste using the keyboard shortcut, select the text. Then, press both the V and Command (⌘) keys at the same time.

Austin

How to copy and paste on MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.