Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook For iOS App Push Notifications Not Working

Been seeing a lot of Threads for this problem but with no proper solution.

Ever since I updated my Facebook App to v9.0, I havent had any push notifications come to my phone. I've tried uninstalling/deleting the app & other connected apps (Paper, FB messenger) , logging out of the iOS integration, Resetting my phone, etc. but nothing's worked. The App doesn't even ask me if I want to Activate Notifications anymore when I Re-Install it....

The Phone Notifications are set to show in the lock screen & all, and the Push Notifications in the app are set to push for "All Notifications", but On the Web client I noticed that I had "Some notifications" listed in the settings (and I can't change those on the web, because it tells you to change them in the app) . The only way I know i have Notifications now is through the App Badge,, via Email or through Paper's Notification setup (But i still dont get all of them) ...

I wonder if it could be a server issue on Faceobook's End. There has to be some way to fix this problem....Help!!! 😕

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 20, 2014 1:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2014 8:43 AM

Hi C_S1,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! I understand that you are having some issues with Facebook notifications on your iPhone. It sounds like you have already done some great troubleshooting. I suggest looking at the Troubleshooting notifications section of the following article just to verify your previous steps.

iOS: Understanding notifications

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3576

Troubleshooting notifications

Push notifications require an active Wi-Fi or cellular connection.

Note: Notifications use Wi-Fi only when a cellular connection is unavailable. Firewalls and proxy servers may affect your ability to receive notifications. For more information, see Unable to use Apple Push Notification service (APNs).

If you're not receiving notifications for a specific app, try these steps:

1. Verify that the app supports notifications.
  2. After installing an app or restoring a backup to a different iOS device, open the app to begin receiving notifications. If the app requires entering or logging in to an account, you will need to do this before receiving notifications.
  3. Check Settings > Notification Center to ensure that the app is configured for notifications. If notifications do not appear in the Notification Center, verify that the Notification Center setting for the app is enabled.

I hope this helps,

-Joe

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2014 8:43 AM in response to C_S1

Hi C_S1,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! I understand that you are having some issues with Facebook notifications on your iPhone. It sounds like you have already done some great troubleshooting. I suggest looking at the Troubleshooting notifications section of the following article just to verify your previous steps.

iOS: Understanding notifications

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3576

Troubleshooting notifications

Push notifications require an active Wi-Fi or cellular connection.

Note: Notifications use Wi-Fi only when a cellular connection is unavailable. Firewalls and proxy servers may affect your ability to receive notifications. For more information, see Unable to use Apple Push Notification service (APNs).

If you're not receiving notifications for a specific app, try these steps:

1. Verify that the app supports notifications.
  2. After installing an app or restoring a backup to a different iOS device, open the app to begin receiving notifications. If the app requires entering or logging in to an account, you will need to do this before receiving notifications.
  3. Check Settings > Notification Center to ensure that the app is configured for notifications. If notifications do not appear in the Notification Center, verify that the Notification Center setting for the app is enabled.

I hope this helps,

-Joe

Facebook For iOS App Push Notifications Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.