Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod won't sync with iTunes -- makes it crash?

I've had my ipod since 2007 (model no. A1238) and have never had any problems.

Recently I reinstalled my OS. I reinstalled iTunes and authorized it on my computer. I had several problems that I managed to fix by downloaded my purchased music out of the cloud or whatever, but I still can't find a solution for what's going on with my iPod.

My computer recognizes it as a device so I'm pretty sure it has something to do with iTunes.

I'll try to be concise:

• upon plugging in the iPod, iTunes will usually freeze for several minutes
  • if I have my iPod plugged in, iTunes will take several minutes to even open after I have initiated it to do so
  • when I try to play a song from the iPod, after freezing for several minutes iTunes will give me an error:
    • Attempting to copy to the disk "ICANDY" (my iPod) failed. An unknown error occurred (-69).
    • this is also generally accompanied by the same error except it lists the specific song and same error code
    • I did (unsuccessfully) try to Google the error code
    • iTunes will then freeze for several more minutes, if not crash completely
  • podcasts may be the biggest problem. I will copy a podcast to the iPod and it will show it as on the iPod. Then soon enough iTunes will crash and the podcasts will be wiped from the device

I also receive several errors while trying to transfer the podcasts that I've never received before

Any help would be much appreciated. This has been quite agitating.

Thanks!

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on May 20, 2014 3:18 PM

1 reply

ipod won't sync with iTunes -- makes it crash?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.