Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook push notifications not working in OSX

I've tried several times to get my Facebook account added through System Prefs' Internet Accounts. I can set it up okay, calendars are working, and FB posting works from the Notification Center and Safari.

But... Push notifications for new messages aren't working.

I have a 3-computer system (3 MacBooks) with iCloud Keychain. Sometimes, when I try to turn on the Facebook account, I get notifications on one of the three computer, sometimes none, never more than one.

I've also played around with adding a 2nd FB account (and disabling the 1st) on some of the 3 computers. Again, no consistency with the notifications. It feels like I have a corrupted plist or cache somewhere.

I know that push is working from FB, since I get notifications on my iPhone every time.

The only hint I've found is through Console (messages not consecutive, shown at the end of the post).

Any suggestions? Any hidden cache files to delete?

Thanks in advance!

14-05-20 08:49:26,868 com.apple.facebook.xpc[1820]: /SourceCache/Social/Social-279.11/Facebook/FacebookXPCService/FBDSession.m - -[FBDSession revokeAllAccessTokensForDeviceWithCompletion:] - 336 - No master token to sign the invalidation request!

14-05-20 10:14:13,603 SocialPushAgent[817]: ApplePushService: APSConnection being used without a delegate queue

14-05-21 07:43:29,430 SocialPushAgent[817]: __45-[SPAFacebookService unregisterAccount:uuid:]_block_invoke [219] -- *** responseCode: 400. POST of destroy UUID=12345ABC-AB88-3ABC-4CDE-5FGHIJKLMNOP for account <my FB account> failed. Error: (null).

Response: {"error":{"message":"(#100) Invalid device_uuid","type":"OAuthException","code":100}}

14-05-21 07:55:36,070 SocialPushAgent[817]: __45-[SPAFacebookService unregisterAccount:uuid:]_block_invoke [219] -- *** responseCode: 400. POST of destroy UUID=12345ABC-AB88-3ABC-4CDE-5FGHIJKLMNOP for account <my FB account> failed. Error: (null).

Response: {"error":{"message":"The access token was invalidated on the device.","type":"OAuthException","code":190}}

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on May 21, 2014 2:53 AM

3 replies

Apr 29, 2016 12:21 AM in response to dtsimon

Hi, I have the exact same problem.

I have two macs. I can configure my Facebook account in system preferences > internet accounts just fine, I then get a prompt to activate the account on my other mac, but then I don't receive any Facebook notifications!

I get the same error messages in console : "Oauth error ... invalid device_uuid"

Did you manage to get it working ?

Facebook push notifications not working in OSX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.