Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Calendar in Outlook - no attachments can be sent to meeting attendees

Hello everybody,

I have the following situation.

Person A is an Apple user, who syncs his e-mail, contacts and calendars via iCloud. (He syncs it with iPhone, iPad and MAC)

Person B is a Windows 7 user and added the same calendar and e-mail account to Outlook 2010 via the iCloud Applikaton for Windows.

(Both persons use the same apple ID, to sync via iCloud)

Mails, Calendar, and contacts synchronize - so far no issues.

Here come the Problem: When user B wants to create an appointment in the calendar via Outlook, he is not able to attach files to it.
Outlook tells us: "Attachments are stored on your computer and not shared with attendees"

see this pic: http://www.pic-upload.de/view-23272610/share-files.png.html

The result is, that the appointment will be created and synchronized to all devices, but without the attachment.

I have the strange feeling, that the issue is caused by the iCloud Application for Windows, which comes with limited features (it doesnt synchronize files and documents, as far as I understood - does this also affect attachments in the Calendar?)

I was hoping that someone of you already came across this problem. I would be really greatful for any remarks, suggestions or recommendations.

Best

Windows 7, Outlook 2010

Posted on May 21, 2014 4:22 AM

1 reply

iCloud Calendar in Outlook - no attachments can be sent to meeting attendees

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.