Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mavericks v: 10.9.3 sync services and Outlook 2011?

Hi,

I've recently upgraded my iMac to Mavericks v: 10.9.3 (from the earlier Mavericks version) and iTunes v: 11.2.0 / 11.2.1. I can now sync my iPhone contacts etc with the 'Address Book' .... but I still can't sync the 'Address Book' with my contacts in 'Outlook 2011' - ie I still can't sync my iPhone with Outlook 2011.

I'm aware that 'Sync Services' were depreciated in 10.8 and was hoping that this would be restored in full in v: 10.9.3. I understand that MicroSoft needs Sync Services to be reintroduced into the OS to enable the sync to work again for linking up with Outlook 2011 - which appear to be blank in my Sync Services preferences window as follows ....

User uploaded file

I would be mighty grateful for any ideas/solutions on how to resolve this problem. Synching Outlook 2011 with my iPhone was so easy in the past!

Many thanks

Simon

iPhone 4S

Posted on May 21, 2014 4:41 AM

6 replies

May 22, 2014 1:31 PM in response to SimonHelp

I have the same issue and would also be grateful for guidance on How To synch my Outlook contacts and calendar to my phone via USB.

As Simon says, the issue is that Outlook Contacts and Calendar are not synching with Mac's proprietary Contacts and Calendar programs.

I was on the understanding that this would be part of new release.

It's pretty bad when you think that the world's most used contacts and calendaring program, Outllook, doesn't synch with Mac. I thought the platform Wars were supposed to be over and Apple/Microsoft playing nicely.

May 22, 2014 7:03 PM in response to ChrisJCM

Hi Chris,

I've discovered that I can restore the sync options in the Sync Services Preferences window of Outlook by deleting these files in your User’s Library/Preferences folder:

com.microsoft.Outlook.SyncServicesPreferences.plist

Also delete the OfficeSync Prefs in Application Support

~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office/Preferences/Office 2011/OfficeSync Prefs

Log out/in after deleting preferences.

Reset Sync Services in Outlook > Preferences

However ..... the syncing between Apple's Address Book and Outlook still doesn't seem to work. The new Mavericks and iTunes updates do enable syncing between my iPhone and the Address Book .... but not the crucial link between Outlook and Address Book .....

I hope there is a solution to be found ....!

Cheers

Simon

May 22, 2014 8:15 PM in response to SimonHelp

If this is a feature that you consider useful, be sure to let Microsoft know by sending them feedback (via the Send Feedback command in Outlook’s Help menu)

The more reports they get the higher it gets on the list. When the next version of Office for Mac is released later this year or early next year, we'll see if they add CalDAV and CardDAV support.

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/product-feedback

Sadly, I suspect Microsoft's answer for syncing is to get an Exchange account.

Exchange Online $4/month

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/microsoft-exchange-online-email-for-b usiness-FX103739072.aspx

May 26, 2014 9:52 AM in response to SimonHelp

SyncServices were restored in 10.9.3 explicitly for syncing iOS devices with iTunes/USB only:

"OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 or later use Sync Services only to exchange contact and calendar data with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices over USB when using iTunes 11.2 or later"

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1627

"SyncServices is included as a framework in OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 and later. It is used to synchronize the following data:"

- Contacts and Calendars with iOS devices connected over USB (using iTunes 11.2 or later)"

SyncServices is included as a framework in OS X Mountain Lion. It is used to synchronize the following data:

- Contacts, Calendars, and Mail settings between iCal, Address Book, Mail and third-party applications that use SyncServices"

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5847

Mavericks v: 10.9.3 sync services and Outlook 2011?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.