Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

waiting for approval from other device on mac

Im waiting for the macs keychain access to send approval to one of my other devices for approval after a fresh installation of mavericks 10.9.3,

my question is how long should it take because its been 3 hours so far.

it doesnt appear to be working for me

Posted on May 21, 2014 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2014 10:37 AM

Hello pj o\'connell,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Please see below for instructions on troubleshooting this issue of not receiving the verification code:

I'm not receiving the verification code via SMS.

• Make sure that you have a good cellular network connection on your phone.
  • Check that your phone number is one that can receive SMS messages. You can do this by having someone send you a text message.
  • Check that you have the correct phone number associated with your account:
    • Devices using iOS 7.0.3 or later: Tap Settings > iCloud > Account, then tap Keychain. Check that the phone number listed under Verification Number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.
    • Macs using OS X Mavericks v10.9 or later: Choose Apple () menu > System Preferences. Click iCloud, then click Account Details. Check that the phone number listed under Verification number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.
  • Check Apple System Status to see if there is currently a service outage affecting iCloud Keychain.
  • If you do not have access to a device that has iCloud Keychain enabled, you can contact Apple Support and verify your identity for help completing iCloud Keychain setup.

iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Keychain

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4644

Take care,

Alex H.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2014 10:37 AM in response to pj o'connell

Hello pj o\'connell,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Please see below for instructions on troubleshooting this issue of not receiving the verification code:

I'm not receiving the verification code via SMS.

• Make sure that you have a good cellular network connection on your phone.
  • Check that your phone number is one that can receive SMS messages. You can do this by having someone send you a text message.
  • Check that you have the correct phone number associated with your account:
    • Devices using iOS 7.0.3 or later: Tap Settings > iCloud > Account, then tap Keychain. Check that the phone number listed under Verification Number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.
    • Macs using OS X Mavericks v10.9 or later: Choose Apple () menu > System Preferences. Click iCloud, then click Account Details. Check that the phone number listed under Verification number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.
  • Check Apple System Status to see if there is currently a service outage affecting iCloud Keychain.
  • If you do not have access to a device that has iCloud Keychain enabled, you can contact Apple Support and verify your identity for help completing iCloud Keychain setup.

iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Keychain

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4644

Take care,

Alex H.

Nov 20, 2014 9:53 AM in response to chuck_3rd

I've been having the same issue for two weeks. There is no permission thing, neither on my mother's iPod (associated with my account) nor on my Nexus 5. I did get other messages from Apple on these devices just today because I set up two-factor authentication for these devices, so it can't be that Apple has the wrong devices in mind, neither that the devices cannot receive stuff from Apple.

I should mention the iPod is a sluggish 4th gen running ios 5 or something, but that shouldn't make a difference.

Edit: I also checked the system status just to be on the safe side and it's all green. So it's not that either.

Jan 11, 2016 12:54 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Check that you have the correct phone number associated with your account:

Devices using iOS 7.0.3 or later: Tap Settings > iCloud > Account, then tap Keychain. Check that the phone number listed under Verification Number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.

I'm using a new MacBook Pro, and I, too, waited about half an hour and didn't get any E-Mails or Messages on either my iPad Mini or my iPhone 😕, so I searched for "waiting for approval from other device" on this web site.

I have iOS 9.2 on my iPhone 6, so the path down to "Keychain" is slightly different. Once I found it, there was no spot for "Verification Number", but once I signed into the Keychain using my Apple ID password, it asked for approval for my MacBook Pro, and everything was OK from there on. ✅

waiting for approval from other device on mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.