Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad mini shows up on iTunes but doesn't on My Computer.

Whenever I connect my iPad mini to my PC ( Windows 7 ), iTunes automatically pops out but when I click My Computer, my device doesn't show up. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes alot of times and also restarted my Apple Mobile Device Support but it doesn't work. I've tried troubleshooting my iPad and it says "Apple iPad has a driver problem". Does this have anything to do with it? Please do help. Thank you! 🙂

iPad

Posted on May 21, 2014 10:19 AM

3 replies

May 21, 2014 11:59 AM in response to natellalala

What are you wanting to do with the iPad via My Computer ?

An iPad isn't designed to mount as a drive, it should only in My Computer if you have photos on it that were taken with the iPad, copied to it via the camera connection kit, or saved from emails/websites - in which case it will be treated as a camera so that you can copy those pictures off the iPad to your computer.

If you want to copy content to/from your iPad then it's done via iTunes, though some apps allow you to copy content to/from them via your wifi network (or Dropbox, email etc).

May 22, 2014 12:20 AM in response to natellalala

The photos show in the Camera Roll album on your iPad ? If they do then your iPad should show in My Computer, and (if enabled) the windows camera wizard (for copying photos off) should also start when you connect the iPad to your computer - if the wizard doesn't start then check to see if it's enabled (and then try connecting/reconnecting the iPad again) : http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1500

If that doesn't work then you are able to sync your iPad without problems in iTunes ? And have you tried taking an extra picture with the iPad to see if that makes any difference ?

iPad mini shows up on iTunes but doesn't on My Computer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.