Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete Diagnostics and Usage Data On iPad Air?

I got a brand new iPad Air on November of 2013, shortly after release date. When I set it up for first time, I decided to send diagnostics and usage data to Apple. It's been six month now from purchase. When I went to settings, general, about, diagnostics and usage and tab diagnostics and usage data, I saw whole bunch of text \that contains variety of info about different crashes. I have 16GB iPad and total of 12.80GB are availible for use. I noticed that these takes quite a bit of storige. Is there anyway to get rid of it? I have tried to sync to iTunes, under summary section I pressed button called "Reset Warnings" and press apply but it won't clear up. I also have tried to disable diagnostics and usage data feature by selecting "Don't Send" button but that didn't work either.

How to delete this thing?

iPad, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 21, 2014 3:18 PM

8 replies

May 21, 2014 4:12 PM in response to bobseufert

For me I only have 12.8GB availible according to the usage section as well as about section under settings. But when I connect to the computer to transfer photos, the total storage it displays is 14. something GB. So is there anyway to delete diagnostics and usage data? Least it can give some more availible storage I can use because I'm assuming that these are all text files aka txt files.

Dec 14, 2014 2:10 PM in response to SC909

Why do people add their opinions but have no clue how to answer the question?

To clear diagnostics, connect your iPad to your computer via usb cable. Open iTunes and backup your iPad, in the iPad screen of iTunes, under options click

"reset warnings" then sync your iPad. If this does not clear the diagnostic data, try cycling your iPad by holding home button and power button until apple logo reappears. After that, connect again to iTunes and try reset again.

For some reason, this does not always work. From what I gather if "send diagnostics automatically" is selected on iPad settings, the diagnostics are supposed to clear automatically periodically. Unfortunately, I have never found this to be true.

How to delete Diagnostics and Usage Data On iPad Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.