Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently just updated itunes to the latest version. When it re-opened after updating, it erased all my songs and albums. When i tried to put them back on i didn't know what the backup button was! I don't know how to get all of my music back! Please help

I recently just updated Itunes to the lastest version, and when it re-opened it had all my albums songs and everything deleted. I tried to get it back onto itunes but i didn't know what the backup button was.. and now i only have maybe 16 artists out of my 70 or 80 on my iphone 5s. Please help me! I need to get it back! Bryce

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 21, 2014 3:18 PM

1 reply

May 23, 2014 6:29 AM in response to bryce255

Hey bryce255,

Thanks for the question, that definitely sounds frustrating. Luckily, we have steps available that may be able to restore your previous library:

No content shows up in iTunes after updating

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1967

Resolution

1. Quit iTunes.

2. Download and install the latest version of iTunes.

3. Use the Finder (Mac) or Windows Explorer (Windows) to go to the iTunes folder that contains the iTunes library files:

Mac OS X

/Users/username/Music/iTunes/

Microsoft Windows Windows XP and Windows 2000

\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\

Microsoft Windows Windows Vista and Windows 7

\Users\username\Music\iTunes\

4. Drag the iTunes Library file from the above location to the Desktop.

5. Open the Previous iTunes Libraries folder in the iTunes folder.

6. Locate the file named iTunes Library YYYY-MM-DD where YYYY-MM-DD is the date you upgraded iTunes (Year-Month-Day).

7. Drag this file to the iTunes folder (the enclosing folder).

8. Rename this file to iTunes Library.

9. Open iTunes.

You should now see your missing content in iTunes.

If the above does not resolve your issue, you can learn about re-creating your iTunes library:

iTunes: How to re-create your iTunes library and playlists

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1451

Thanks,

Matt M.

I recently just updated itunes to the latest version. When it re-opened after updating, it erased all my songs and albums. When i tried to put them back on i didn't know what the backup button was! I don't know how to get all of my music back! Please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.