Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How long does it take Apple to repair a MacBook Pro screen?

The laptop still works, its just the screen is cracked. I can work with a cracked screen but I still called up and made an appointment for Apple to take a look and maybe replace the screen. According to the site, I still have Applecare until 5/27/2014. And even if I didn't, money is no object since I have a lot that I have tucked away for emergencies (though the computer I can still use so I'm not sure if it is an emergency). Anyway, just two questions.

How long will it take them to replace the screen?

Can I take the laptop home with me if I have to wait for them to order the screen and then bring it in to get it replaced when they get the part?

iPod touch, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 21, 2014 3:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2014 5:08 PM

I know that nobody here can help me with how long it will take, but I just was wondering if in some circumstances if the laptop was still working properly, would they let me take it home if I had to wait a couple of weeks for the part to be ordered.

9 replies

May 21, 2014 3:36 PM in response to AmazeeDayzee

When I took my MBP in for a motorboard replacement, I told them at the Apple Store that I could not be without my MBP for the amount of time they said it would take. They called the AASP where they were able to do it faster. They shipped my MBP to the AASP. After the replair, the AASP shipped it back to me all within the estimated time. Apple will work with you.

Allan

May 21, 2014 4:30 PM in response to carl wolf

OK, so there is no way of knowing how long Apple will take. Do they HAVE to take the laptop though to put the screen in? I need my laptop for work so I can't wait "7 to 10 business days" for my laptop to come back. It still works, it is just the screen. Not the LCD, the glass. So will I have to give it up and wait for them to order the screen and then put it in?

How long does it take Apple to repair a MacBook Pro screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.