Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Did the new GarageBand wipe away my third party plug-ins?

After downloading the whole new GarageBand, I cant seem to find my plugins, like my TDR Feedback Compressor and vintage organs. WHat happened? I cant seem to find them.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on May 21, 2014 9:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2014 11:12 PM

After downloading the whole new GarageBand, I cant seem to find my plugins

Don't you see them in GarageaBand, or have they vanished from the /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/ folder ?

Some Audio Unit plug-ins will no longer work, since the new GarageBand 10.0 is a 64-bit only application; the 32-bit plug-ins are incompatible.

See this document: GarageBand for Mac (v10.0): Unexpected behavior with Audio Units plug-ins

Audio units need to be enabled in the Audio/Midi tab of the preferences.

To use audio unit plug-ins in GarageBand 10 access them from the Info-tab of the Smart Controls for the track:

Click the ℹ button to reveal the Audio units, and then click into the field to add a unit from the pop-up menu. You may need to scroll the "Info" panel to make the Audio Units visible or to drag the dividing line between the Track area and the Smart Controls upward.

User uploaded file

Most panes in GarageBand 10.0 can be scrolled. If you do not see the scroll bars, they will appear automatically, when yous start scrolling. Or enable them permanently in the System Preferences > General > Scroll Bars. This is useful, as long as you do not know yet, which panes have hidden items that will need scrolling, to make them visible.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2014 11:12 PM in response to CASHEWMANIA

After downloading the whole new GarageBand, I cant seem to find my plugins

Don't you see them in GarageaBand, or have they vanished from the /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/ folder ?

Some Audio Unit plug-ins will no longer work, since the new GarageBand 10.0 is a 64-bit only application; the 32-bit plug-ins are incompatible.

See this document: GarageBand for Mac (v10.0): Unexpected behavior with Audio Units plug-ins

Audio units need to be enabled in the Audio/Midi tab of the preferences.

To use audio unit plug-ins in GarageBand 10 access them from the Info-tab of the Smart Controls for the track:

Click the ℹ button to reveal the Audio units, and then click into the field to add a unit from the pop-up menu. You may need to scroll the "Info" panel to make the Audio Units visible or to drag the dividing line between the Track area and the Smart Controls upward.

User uploaded file

Most panes in GarageBand 10.0 can be scrolled. If you do not see the scroll bars, they will appear automatically, when yous start scrolling. Or enable them permanently in the System Preferences > General > Scroll Bars. This is useful, as long as you do not know yet, which panes have hidden items that will need scrolling, to make them visible.

May 23, 2014 9:49 PM in response to CASHEWMANIA

You're welcome.

I don't know your vintage keyboards plug-in. If it is a VST plug-in and not an Adio unit, it should appear in the topmost brick "Instrument" of the Smart Controls for the ssftware instrument track. :

Instrument > AuGenerators:

User uploaded file

But your VST plug-in needs to be 64bit. Otherwie you'll have to find a compatible update.

Did the new GarageBand wipe away my third party plug-ins?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.