Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod 5th Gen will disabled for 23 million minutes, will not enter DFU mode

Hey all, I lost my iPod a while back and I found it today and i went to turn it on and it's disabled for 23 million minutes! I've plugged it into the computer and iTunes isn't even recognizing it as a device. It's charging and everything. I cant restore it on iTunes and it won't enter DFU mode, i've tried it about 10 times.

Anyone have any idea what to do? 😟

iPod touch, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 22, 2014 5:13 AM

5 replies

May 22, 2014 5:19 AM in response to kellymareeb

Try recovery mode

Recovery Mode

Place the iPod in recovery mode using one of these programs:

For PC

RecBoot: Easy Way to Put iPhone into Recovery Mode

or

http://joshuabailey1997.wordpress.com/2010/09/02/recboot-v1-3/

If necessary:

Download QTMLClient.dll & iTunesMobileDevice.dll for RecBoot

and

RecBoot tip

RecBoot may have problems on 64X windows, then try:

Tenorshare ReiBoot – Enter & Exit iPhone, iPad, iPod Recovery Mode with a Single Click

For MAC or PC

The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella

Installs blootware on PC too

or

If you previously turned on FIndMyiPod on the iPod in Settings>iCloud and wifi is on and connected go to iCloud: Find My iPhone, sign in and go to FIndMyiPhone and use Remote Wipe to erase the contents of your device. If you have been using iCloud to back up, you may be able to restore the most recent backup to reset the passcode after the device has been erased.

You can also wipe the iOS device by installing the FindMyiPhone app on another iOS device and using that app to wipe the device.

iPod 5th Gen will disabled for 23 million minutes, will not enter DFU mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.