Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keeping Courses Private in iTunesU

My school wants to have over 50 users per course so we are looking into the Institutional Public Site Manager. However, we want the courses (Middle School/High School) to remain private and only accessible by our students. Can this be done? If so, how?

Posted on May 22, 2014 12:16 PM

6 replies

May 22, 2014 5:08 PM in response to patixa

Hi patixa ~

Thank you for the reply.

I am confused, though, because a link that defines a "private course" says that no more than 50 can be enrolled.

So, theoretically, if my school is affiliated with iTunesU and I was affiliated with my school, I could have a course that has 100+ students enrolled and it could remain private, correct?

I saw the following on another posting, but, when I clicked on the link to private course, it said <50. (link: https://itunesu.itunes.apple.com/help/#ituA07725BF-3F8D-4CD5-A9FE-80BB6483EA10)

User uploaded file

Thank you - I appreciate any input you have.

May 22, 2014 7:55 PM in response to nhsdwelch

I would say the help is wrong.

Having more than 50 students requires three things:

• the institution is affiliated
  • the course owner (instructor) is affiliated with an affiliated institution
  • the course was -created- by an affiliated instructor and affiliated at the time of creation

(Phew! So much affiliation!)

So, if your institution is not affiliated, an authorized representative of your school has to complete that first step before you can do anything else.

Keeping Courses Private in iTunesU

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.