Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone keeps sending the same text message multiple times in a row.

My iphone (4s) keeps sending people the same text message multiple times (2-4) a few seconds inbetween. Sometimes it will tell me that there the message failed, but they still recieve it multiple times. I've already tried deleting the message tread and reset network settings. Nobody who has an iphone has said anything to me about it yet, only people with android.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 22, 2014 7:58 PM

6 replies

May 23, 2014 6:25 AM in response to ginnyxx

It's a carrier issue. I've seen it happen with Android phones as well, both mine and a colleague's. Very often, just restarting the phone cleared the issue for a while but then it would pop up again. Don't know if it will do any good but you might try asking your carrier to disable text messaging on your account and then add it back. Hopefully, that will clear any glitches on the carrier side.

May 23, 2014 6:11 AM in response to diesel vdub

I actually talked to them before I posted my problem here. They are certain that it's a apple software issue, but I don't believe it. I reset my phone to factory settings and then restored it last night also. I think between that, deleting the thread and resetting the network it would have been fixed if it was software issue.

May 23, 2014 8:34 AM in response to ginnyxx

It's a carrier issue. I have AT&T and had this issue with my friend (who had an Android) and my mother (who had a feature phone). Both of them have Verizon for service and I'm thinking the issue was on Verizon's end. They both just dealt with it as we tried all sorts of things to get this sorted out (other than contacting Verizon directly) and had no luck.

They've both switched to iPhones so it's a moot point for us now, at least.

~Lyssa

iPhone keeps sending the same text message multiple times in a row.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.