Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to change password

pls guide me how to change my password for my apple id

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on May 23, 2014 3:30 AM

2 replies

May 23, 2014 3:35 AM in response to salalah7

Apple ID: Changing your password - Apple Support

Follow these steps to change your Apple ID password. If you can't remember your password, follow the steps for what to do if you forget your Apple ID password.

1. Go to My Apple ID (appleid.apple.com).
  2. Click “Manage your Apple ID” and sign in.
  3. If you have two-step verification turned on, you'll be asked to send a verification code to the trusted device associated with your Apple ID. If you're unable to receive messages at your trusted device, follow the guidelines for what to do if you can't sign in with two-step verification.
  4. Click "Password and Security".
  5. In the "Choose a new password" section, click Change Password.
  6. Enter your old password, then enter a new password and confirm the new password. Click Save when done.

The next time you use an Apple feature or service that uses Apple ID, you'll be asked to sign in with your new Apple ID password.

Oct 25, 2015 1:24 AM in response to Demo

hi dear Demo

Good day

sorry i dont know how to post a Q directly to user as u r reply are most solving ...

i had posted this Q but no one replied so far ...

i thought writing you will help me sure

MY Q. IS AS FOLLOWS ....

i would like to know

as of now i m backing up my iphone to my Laptop ...... and itune says your Data and all files are baked up on this PC.

my doubt is suppose

i need to change my Laptop .... will i be getting all my back up on my new Laptop, by signing in with my Apple ID ?

or i may loose the data ?

pls clear my doubt

thank you in advance

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4.1

how to change password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.