Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I use multiple VPP accounts in a school system with 1 Profile manager server?

I have 40 schools with their own money they want to spend on apps. I need these accounts to be seperate. We are registered in the Device enrollment program and are using Apple's profile manager to distribute VPP apps. In the DEP website you can add existing vpp admins. I had hoped when these accounts purchased apps, the apps would show up in Profile Manager which uses the master Apple ID, but this didn't happen. Anyone know what the correct process is for doing this?

Profile Manager

Posted on May 23, 2014 5:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2014 5:13 PM

If you haven't found the answer: You have to install the correct token for each account. Apple Servers, as far as I know, do not support using multiple tokens at once. As a result, you will have to swap out each of the 40 tokens anytime anyone wants to buy something then assign it to a user then push the app.

Or just buy it with a redemption code and give that code to your users.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2014 5:13 PM in response to DC520

If you haven't found the answer: You have to install the correct token for each account. Apple Servers, as far as I know, do not support using multiple tokens at once. As a result, you will have to swap out each of the 40 tokens anytime anyone wants to buy something then assign it to a user then push the app.

Or just buy it with a redemption code and give that code to your users.

Feb 4, 2015 2:13 PM in response to DC520

While I'm not sure about Profile Manager, I know its possible for other MDMs to have multiple VPP accounts. We are using Casper and I have several VPP accounts set up within the JSS (Global Management -> VPP Accounts). It may be a limitation with Profile Manager, but give your Apple SE a call to see what can be done.

How do I use multiple VPP accounts in a school system with 1 Profile manager server?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.