Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 not connecting to iTunes on iMac

The phone is charging but is not connecting to iTunes. I tried 3 different wires, resetting my computer, resetting iphone, complete erase of iPhone. Everything is up to date computer is iOS X 10.9.3, iTunes is 11.2.1(1) 64 bit, iphone is 7.1.1. I have another iphone but doesn't have any battery life at all and it connects to my computer so I'm not sure what's going on. I plugged it in my MacBook Pro as well and it doesn't connect I need some help please

Posted on May 23, 2014 7:22 AM

1 reply

May 25, 2014 9:35 AM in response to pktlb

Hi pktlb,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you have one older iPhone that shows up in iTunes and a newer iPhone 5 that doesn't show up in iTunes. Take a look at the suggestions in the iPhone hardware troubleshooting article below, if they don't get the iPhone to appear in iTunes setup service using the link at the bottom of the article.

iPhone: Hardware troubleshooting

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2802

Not seen in iTunes / USB connection issues

See these articles for help with troubleshooting this issue:

Issue not resolved

My issue is still not resolved. What do I do next?

Contact Apple Support.

-Jason

iPhone 5 not connecting to iTunes on iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.