Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen has vertical and horizontal lines?

Computer screen on iMac (verision 10.9.3, 2.66 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo) has large horizontal lines and thin vertical lines running across the screen. When I drag a window into the screen, it just gets worse. Thinking that its not the graphics card because I can open an additional display on my tv with no problems. Any idea what the problem is and a rough estimate on repair cost? Thanks!

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on May 23, 2014 8:59 AM

7 replies

Aug 13, 2014 12:00 PM in response to patootee

You dont' necessarily need to take it to an Apple Store, you can take it to an AASP in your area. At least then you are getting someone trained on how to fix it. I have seen to many "I will do it myself." users brick their machine trying to save a bit of time and money. However it's your machine of course and you can determine on your own how you would like to to handle the problem. If you are interested you can use this link to locate an AASP in your general area.

https://locate.apple.com/lac/en/

Screen has vertical and horizontal lines?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.