Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Card reader for I-pad mini stopped working

My card reader for an I-pad mini is no longer working. Is there something I can do to fix this?

iPad

Posted on May 23, 2014 10:01 AM

2 replies

May 25, 2014 7:45 AM in response to Dhol70

Hi Dhol70,

If you have problems with your Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit with your iPad mini, you may want to follow the steps described in this article -

iPad: Using the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4101

Specifically -

If you don't see the Import tab, try the following:

• Make sure your digital camera is on and in the correct mode to export images.
  • Disconnect, wait 30 seconds, then reconnect the iPad Camera Connector or SD Card Reader.
  • Unplug the digital camera or SD card, wait 30 seconds, then reconnect.
  • Restart your iPad and turn your camera off and back on.
  • If one is available, test with a different digital camera or SD card.
  • If you can import media with a different digital camera or SD card, you may need to initialize, or reset, the media on the digital camera or SD card. Consult the digital camera's manual for instructions.
    Note: Initializing will remove existing pictures from the digital camera or SD card.Before you initialize the media, import the content on the digital camera or SD card to a computer.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Card reader for I-pad mini stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.