Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using iPads in public places.

I have a couple questions:

I work at a technical college and we have some IPads we are going to use in the library. Is there any software or a software setting on the IPad that will use a kiosk or public mode? We are going to let students check out IPads and use Microsoft Office 365.

Also, with Office 365 requires sign in usage of a Microsoft Account for Word, Excel, Powerpoint. Is there a way to use this software to make sure data isn't saved to the IPad between student usage or does it require some other kind of kiosk software?

Posted on May 23, 2014 10:35 AM

1 reply

May 23, 2014 1:59 PM in response to mkruzel5

There is the Guided Access feature:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5509

which allows you to lock an iPad into a single app, but unless you're going to use only the web version of Office 365, in which case you might be able to lock Safari's allowed web sites to that site only and then make Safari the app you use in Guided Access, that probably won't work for you. The iPad apps are individual for Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and there's no way to allow access to all three but only those three. Whether the web version of Office 365 will work probably from the mobile version of Safari I don't know.

With the web version I would presume that all documents will be saved on Microsoft's servers, but you'd have to confirm that with Microsoft.

Regards.

Using iPads in public places.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.