Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

godaddy mail issues

Hi,

So I have been using GoDaddy email (IMAP) with Mail.app for quite sometime, and it has always had issues compared to let's say a Gmail account:

1. Syncing is horribly slow and everytime I go to a folder other than Inbox I must wait minutes while the headers are being fetched

2. Sometime need to restart Mail.app to get my Inbox messages to appear

3. I seem to get around 1-2 emails a day that cannot send because "Message content failed to send to server" and I have never figured that out

4. Regular errors in Console about ASSERTION FAILURE with my GoDaddy .mbox

So I'm wondering is GoDaddy email just bad? Is there anything I can do to make it work better? Thanks for any feedback,

rc

Posted on May 23, 2014 5:27 PM

2 replies

Nov 23, 2016 11:00 PM in response to rick722

After 4 days back and forth with go daddy getting different suggestions from different godaddy support staff I finally figured out a solution to me godaddy email woes with my iPhone 6 mail client set up. I belive the same /similar settings work on your apple laptop.

Below is a mac OS mail client godaddy email setup suggestion. Be sure that your Go daddy workspace mail is set up as IMAP email Also good to reset the godaddy email account from scratch and with a new password :

OS LAPTOP: In the MAIL app. go to

Mail> Preferences> {select acct} then Advanced> set Port to 993, SSL set to on, authentication set to MD5 Challenge Response (or Password ), Allow insecure authentication set to off. Then in Behaviors Tab >select all options. Incoming server: imap.securesrever.net Outgoing server: smtpout.securesrever.net

Godaddy workspace email on iphone 6:

This is a long solution that covers many tips and safeguards to resetting a godaddy mail account, drawn from several posts that i found on the path to my solution Below. The following is a somewhat full reset of the iPhone network and godaddy email settings prior to email setup on your iPhone.

Step 1.) Log into your godaddy workspace email. Delete your account and recreate it with a new password.

Step 2.) On your iPhone reset Settings>General>Resest>Reset network Settings ( you can skip this step initially and redo with step two if needed)

Step 3.) Seetings accout select any acount click on account>SMTP (outgoing Mail server). CLEAR all other SMTP servers below that say secure server.net bey selecting individually and deleting

Step 4.) Get out of Settings and turn iPhone off the on.

Step 5.) Settings >Cellular>go to Us Celular Data for: scrool down to Mail and turn on

Step 6.) Settings >Mail>Fetch New Data >Push

Step 7.) Settings > Wifi> Off

Step 8.) Settings > Bluetooth > Off

Step 9.) Settings >Mail>Add Account> Other> Add Mail Account>

Fill in all settings (skipping through any error massages until completed reenter your password mannuall y any time you see the password field in the setup process)

Name <must enter your full email address>

Email <must enter your full email address>

Password <enter your new email account password>

Description <must enter your full email address>

INCOMING MAIL SERVER (make sure IMAP bow is selected at the top and not POP)

host name: imap.secureserver.net

user name <must enter your full email address again>

password <must enter your new email account password again >

OUTGOING SMTP MAIL SERVER

host name: smtpout.secureserver.net

user name <must enter your full email address again>

password <must enter your new email account password again >

Save then go back in to account and make the following settings...

SSL >ON (selected),

Authentication : Password

Server Port: 465

Settings>Mail>{select the acct} >Advanced>

Then make the following settings...Move Discarded messages to: Archive Mailbox

SSL ON(selected)

Authentication: Password

Server Port: 993

S/MIME: OFF(not Selected)

Then go into MAIL BOX BEHAVIORS one at a time then reselect them under ON MY IPHONE , then select any of the mailboxes under ON THE SERVER to have them appear on your Phone.

Step 10.) Get out of Settings and Turn wifi

Settings>Wifi>ON.

This setting for godaddy imap email worked for me on iPhone 6 v9.2

godaddy mail issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.