Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB headset and MBP

I'm not sure this is the best place to post this question. If there is a better forum, please let me know.

I spend a lot of my time in the late evening hours in a flash-based internet chat room where we broadcast audio and video. I do fine if I use my internal speaker and my iPod earbuds.

I would like to use a headset that has the audio transmitted to the earpieces (which works fine) along with an integrated microphone (which isn't working).

I've tried a couple of different headsets whose microphone input don't work. A technical paper I read said that the input needs to be powered/amplified. This would make sense, because the headsets I've had were straight from the headset to the audio input port without amplification.

However....

I have a Plantronics DSP-400 headset that plugs into a USB port. I get beautiful audio coming to the headset speakers, but I can't get the microphone to work.

I went into System Prefernces > Sound and the Plantronics doesn't show up as an option for the Input subtab. Naturally, I can't get any sound from the headset.

Should this be a Plantronics question?

The Plantronics site for this model says that there should be no drivers for Mac OS X, that it should work as is.

Thanks!
Deb

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on Sep 3, 2006 3:37 PM

There are no replies.

USB headset and MBP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.